Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thing 19 Podcasts

http://www.internetsafetypodcast.com/

http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podcasts/archive.php?iid=10167 English Idioms and Slang

Not sure if I did this correctly, but I didn't really realize podcasts were out there. I do listen to a radio station from Texas occasionally, but realize now that I could listen to a particular show when I want to and don't have to be home to catch it live the way I have done on vacation.

My thinking on lower elementary students doing podcasts is that it is nothing but learning for them and entertainment for their parents. I can see that for professional development it would serve a large audience and guest speaker doesn't need to travel. I love the teacher notes concept. I haven't seen it truly used in person in an educational setting, but can only imagine what students could do with this. I think it would be a fun way for students to present projects and to view other projects. It would also be a fun way for schools to communicate with other schools and set up a "sister" type school in other states and other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment